Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Back to School -- The Kitchen Table Homework Nightmare

Does your kitchen table look like this during the school year?  Mine does, and it's a constant unsightly battle to keep it clear.   If there's one thing I hate about the school year, it's the homework on the kitchen table.  My kids aren't the only contributors to that mess, my stuff is on there too!  How are we supposed to eat dinner?  I can't possibly be the only one with this problem, am I?   My kids both have desks in their rooms, but do any kids ever do homework in their rooms?  I doubt it.  If I could live in my most perfect do-it-over world, ... (see below)


my house would be designed by the Houston architectural firm of Parker Stuckey and I would have the most perfect and absolutely gorgeous all-in-one Laundry Room - Backpack/Mudroom - Homework Space.  I think this is the most awesome and functional space ever!  In the Parker Stuckey Residential design, the space is directly off the kitchen and has a full-sized stacked washer/dryer, generous storage space, cubbies and hooks, a slate floor, and work areas for the kids (and the mom)!  It makes complete sense to me that the homework area should be where the backpacks are neatly stored and NOT on the kitchen dining table!  Wish this was my house.  Have a colorful day (and a neat and productive school year!).  Nanette



No comments:

Post a Comment