Friday, August 3, 2012

To Blog or Not to Blog -- That Is The Question

I have been resisting and resenting the pressure to start a blog for the past two years.  Blogs are meant to help consumers get to know a business or business owner better and gain trust.  There’s nothing wrong with that, but let’s face it, they’re really designed to increase the bottom line of the business.  Ok, I’ve got that out of the way.  What bothers me is that it used to be enough just to have a good, creative business.  Then technology and the World started changing and every business had to have a website (did that).  Now, every business has to have a Website, a Blog, a Facebook page, a Twitter account, a You Tube channel, a LinkedIn account, a Newsletter with at least 8,439 subscribers, and the list goes on.  I am not a Techie.  I was not on the AV Squad when I was in High School.  I don’t work for the Geek Squad now.  I am not employed in the Silicon Valley, although I wouldn’t mind designing there.  I don’t know HTML Code.  I don’t know about Keywords, AdSense, AdWords or SEO.  I am just an interior designer who wants to help you create beautiful, functional, comfortable spaces with gorgeous fabrics, colors and materials!!!  But as it turns out, after all of that, now they say – get out from behind your computer, because the best way to increase business is through good old fashioned word of mouth.  So if you know me, please tell your friends about me!  Have a colorful day.  Nanette

No comments:

Post a Comment