Saturday, September 29, 2012

OMG, I Married A Bedroom Set.

When I got married almost 15 years ago (anniversary coming up soon), not only did I get a husband, but I also got a complete bedroom set -- one that I had absolutely nothing to do with selecting!!!  It was his, and it was ok, but it wasn't what I would have chosen.  I, on the other hand, had a bunch of separate things that we used in various rooms of our house.  "His" bedroom set consists of a beige Scandinavian style "man's" hutch, a "woman's" dresser" and a platform style bed with attached shelf headboard and two attached side tables.  This furniture weighs a ton, and it's there, so how can I justify moving it or buying new when it is perfectly functional, and nobody sees it but the two of us and our two kids?  It's a frustrating mini-dilemma, and definitely a case of "the cobbler's children not having any shoes" so I guess I'll just have to keep dreaming about my perfect bedroom for now.  Here's a look at what it might be like...(the Marilyn picture is just for some glamorous fun!).



 
Have you inherited furniture that you have absolutely nothing to do with?  Tell me about it in a comment below!  And thank you to Olioboard for providing me with the most awesome design tool ever to bring my fantasy bedroom to life (almost sort of).  Feel free to leave a comment, share this post with your friends or contact me via my website if you need design assistance.  Remember, don't be afraid to add some color to your life!  Have a colorful day!  Nanette

No comments:

Post a Comment