Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Thank You Note!

Last week I attended Blogfest 2013 for the first time -- a conference for interior design bloggers, organized and sponsored primarily by Kravet Fabrics and HGTV Magazine.  When I first started my blog last summer, I felt a lot of reluctance about it for various reasons, but for the first time, as I sat in HGTV's beautifully decorated space (no surprise) for the Blogfest luncheon and presentation at the top of Hearst Tower, I had a BIG moment come over me when I felt SO glad that I had started my blog!  I loved being there meeting so many fellow creative design types all dressed up with somewhere good to go, and I also greatly appreciated the way we were transported around NYC from place to place in the comfort of some comfy tour buses (refreshments included!).  (Definitely beats the subway)!  We started out at the Kips Bay Decorator Show House (breakfast graciously sponsored by Doodle Home, thank you) and saw some fabulous designer spaces, pictured below.  Next, we headed to Hearst Tower where Kravet's Beth Greene welcomed us, HGTV's Dan Fuchs and Sara Peterson gave us some interesting info about HGTV Magazine and its tremendous success, and Designers Thom Filicia (looking suave in his blue jacket) and Alexa Hampton were so interesting and entertaining.  To keep it brief, I had a great time, and I'm SO glad I was there.  Thank you to Scott Kravet (I'm happy I got to sit at your table), Jennifer Powell (for keeping us updated), and HGTV Magazine for organizing and hosting this great event!  Here are some of my favorite images from my time at Blogfest 2013. 


 
Some of my favorite Kips Bay Decorator Show House Rooms


3 Photos of the Drawing Room by Gomez Associates


 

  
 
 
 
 3 Photos of the Sitting Room by Barbara Ostrom Associates
 
 
  
  
 
 
 
 1 Photo of Veritas Room by Dineen Architecture + Design PC
 
 
 
2 Photos of La Petite Writing Room by Stephen Mooney Interiors
 
 
 
 
 
1 Photo of the Family Lounge by Eve Robinson Associates Inc.
 

 
 
At Hearst Tower
 
 
 
 The magnificent view of Central Park (little bit cloudy though,).
 
 
 
 
 Tables Were So Pretty! 
 
 
 
 
 
 Editor-in-Chief Sara Peterson
HGTV Loves Bloggers!
  
  
 
 
 Designer Thom Filicia
  
 
 The Panel
  
 
 Publisher Daniel Fuchs
  
 
That's "Me in the Middle" with my new friends Joanne and Matt!
  
 
  
 Hearst Tower Atrium - Great Space!
  
 
 
Thank you for a great and inspiring time Blogfest 2013 sponsors! .As always, feel free to leave a comment below, share this post with your friends or contact me via the contact tab above if you need design assistance. Have a colorful day!  Nanette
 


1 comment:

  1. Great post Nanette, (on behalf of Kravet) we were thrilled to have you as part of Blogfest this year. All the best, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete