Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Office Update!

Hi all!  Today I'm happy to show you my updated (actually cleaned up) home office. Working from home is great, especially when you love your home office, as I do.  I designed it for my husband and I a few years ago and it is definitely one of the most used rooms in our home!  It's colorful, light and cheerful.  Recently though I have been so busy with my design work that my pretty office was taking a beating with samples and catalogs all over the place.  I really couldn't stand how messy it was becoming and knew I needed something else to help me organize everything that was out of control and taking over my space.  The answer was this great inexpensive system I bought from Wayfair (love Wayfair!) -- the Foremost 15" Cubicle System in White Finish.  Each cube is 15" square, and you can arrange the cubes vertically or horizontally, PERFECT!  I arranged them horizontally, as you will see.
 Here are some "BEFORE -- (MESSY)" pictures of my side of the office:




Then after putting together a few of the Foremost cubes (takes a little while to do), here's the "NICE NEAT AFTER":)  Ahhh.  A Place for Everything, and Everything in its Place!






MUCH BETTER!!!  I am so happy with how it turned out!  By the way, the other thing I added was a custom sized mirror to the top of the cubicle system to hide the fact that each cube is separate, makes it look much nicer and pulls it all together.  Finally, here's a little something I feel like saying to my clients sometimes...


JUST KIDDING!  I always take good care of my clients, and they know it!  Here's a photo of what the rest of the office looks like, and for honesty sake, let's not talk about the hoards of fabric and wallpaper samples that are all over my dining room table...  shhh.


Houzz Photo by Johanna Sophia Photography.

I hope you enjoyed this look at my tidy office update!  As always, please feel free to leave a comment below, share this post with your friends and/or contact me HERE if you need design assistance.  Have a colorful day wherever you are!  Thanks for visiting!  Nanette

No comments:

Post a Comment